Wednesday 23 February 2011

Another Epic Fail...

Well I just tried out my final experiment for making a 'globe' out of paper. I have found this quite hard, as of course a sphere is quite a difficult shape to create smoothly out of paper.


 This is the 'net' that I used. I also thought this one looked like it would work really well, although there are no tabs or anything, no clues of where you attach it or anything, so I just went with it and stuck on my own tabs.


 ..and this was my result.


I'm not very impressed with this. Again I find myself thinking that I did something wrong! It's just NOT ROUND. So again I have found another method to cross off the list.


This is a photo of the light shades that my Dad has in his living room. It is made this same way, but as it's a light shade the there are holes at the bottom an top, and also it has wire going round inside to hold in 'in place' and round. I think that is why it works so well.

Personally I believe that the football layout that starts as a hole sheet, is the one that has worked the best and created the roundest paper sphere out of all the ways I have tried. That is the method I will use. DECISION MADE.

No comments:

Post a Comment