Wednesday 23 February 2011

... more to inspire

..While browsing the internet for artists, I came across the lovely works of Yuken Teruya, a Japanese artist who constructs intricate paper cuttings out of waste materials.. like this:


 Toilet Roll ... I love this one, as it's so simple but beautiful!


 This one is AMAZING. It's made out of a happy meal box, which is definitely something I never thought could look so wonderful!


 I love how he manages to make the tree look so realistic! You can actually tell the shapes of the leaves, not just branches.


I think that this one is gorgeous too, from an object so simple such as a book, I like to think Yuken's work is almost a metaphor.. that something beautiful, like a tree, can grow out of something miserable such as people's garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment