Tuesday 1 March 2011

Trees are an important component of the natural landscape...

'... because of their prevention of erosion and the provision of a weather-sheltered ecosystem in and under their foliage. They also play an important role in producing oxygen and reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, as well as moderating ground temperatures. ' Wikipedia. 


To start off my research for making the trees, I took some photos of trees. 



This one is right outside my house and is rather large!


These trees have A LOT of branches, that overlap and tangle and create a massive sort of bush of branches... So many branches would be hard to cut out on a small scale and repeated lots of times!


After looking at these trees, I decided I need to look at some smaller, simpler trees that would be less  complicated to produce repeatedly out of paper on a small scale... Like this: 


Although this photo isn't very good, as it was taken on my phone, you can see that these trees have a lot less branches and much smaller... this kind of tree would be better for my project. I think I need to look at some more like this to refer to. 

With all this thinking about trees.. I remembered ANOTHER Peter Callesen piece! 


.. And while looking for that image, I also found this one! The image below is AMAZING there is so much tiny detail in the tree and the branches! I feel like it would be impossible for me to do something as intricate as that for mine..


I find Peter Callesen's work so inspiring! ALL OF IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment