Sunday 6 March 2011

Excitement...

While looking at some of my fellow student's blogs, I came across an artist that a few people have used for inspiration...
         Su Blackwell
Su does these amazing paper sculptures, using old books at her base. They caught my eye mainly because of the trees of course.. but I just love this style..




I absolutely LOVE these! It's like each one tells it's own story! The trees have been done beautifully, and stand up quite perfectly! I also love that she uses the book as a base, as it's like the story is coming to life out of the pages! These images have been photographed very considerately.. with the dark backgrounds, giving a feeling of night time. Even more so with the limited and specificness of the placed lighting. These are things to consider when photographing my own pieces when they are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment