Wednesday 9 March 2011

More Editing and Designs...

I have been through all my photos about a million times now, and each time I find another photo that I think I could use.. 


I have decided that this is one of my favourites, as not only does the text look brilliant and extremely defined, but with the posters around it makes it look like another poster among others.. like flyers plastered all over walls...


.. Just like this. As this poster really is an advert for the exhibition, I can imagine it up on a wall surrounded by other posters advertising other things.


I didn't think that this image needed any editing really, so I just added the 'Design Museum' logo, and placed it against the white so that it would be more visible. Although I think it doesn't look right there at all, it's too high up from the bottom, but if I lower it, you can not read it as well because the background is darker and busier with the different colours ect...


So I changed this one to white as well, and then I could move it lower. I tried to line it up with the last '1' of '2011' so it would have some structure to it. So this is DESIGN NUMBER TWO completed. I really like this one too...

HOWEVER .. If I wanted to have it with other posters around it, I should arrange it/set it up so that they were in line with it, as with this photo you can tell it is just stuck randomly on top of the posters that I have on my wall already. I think it's a REALLY good idea though!


This is another of my favourites... I really like how the angle shows the 3 different ways the type is seen. You can see the cut out, the standing up and then the shadow that the letters create. I love it. I also think that I managed to get the composition pretty spot on in this photo, and also there are no awkward edges to get rid of.. It's just the light that needs editing.


... So like before, I started with increasing the brightness to 70, and leaving the contrast as it is. Also like before, you can start to see the difference straight away.


Then I also changed the levels, as I did in the first design. I changed the input level to 1.54, and the output level to 60. Once again, the same as the first design, you can see that this has made the image much more white and lighter. This is so much better than the original photo.
Now all that is left is to add the design museum logo as well...


Last but not least.. DESIGN NUMBER THREE complete. Now my plan is to double check with a tutor before getting it printed!

No comments:

Post a Comment